We all know that a wedding a huge undertaking! There are so many moving parts—all working together to create the celebration of your dreams. It takes a top-notch team to make sure everything is perfect on the big day!
If you hire a planner (and a trusted vendor team overall!), you’ll be in great hands. We’ll take as much as we can off your plate, so you can relax and enjoy the planning process. We want you and your loved ones to enjoy as much of the planning as you want to take on. You should feel as involved in the process as you want… We’ll handle the rest!
Of course, there are other people who are excited to help too! Your mom, sisters, and maid of honor have probably offered to do whatever they can. Let them share in the excitement and help you check off your to-do list! Let a loved one handle these items so you can prioritize important tasks for yourself and the groom.
Today we’re sharing 5 Wedding Tasks you can delegate to family and friends. Take a look:
- Airport Pickups. Are you planning on welcoming a lot of out-of-town guests? Ask a family member to be the designated airport transportation for important guests. Grandma and Grandpa will appreciate the personal welcome, and you won’t have to worry about them attempting their first Uber ride. Be sure to offer to reimburse the driver for gas!
- Invitation Stuffing. Many hands make light work! Invite a few girlfriends over to stuff invitations. Put on your favorite playlist, pour a glass of wine (far away from the envelopes!), and knock out all your invitations in one night. If your friends are really dedicated, they can even help you hand-cancel envelopes at the post office—in order to avoid the sorting machine’s ugly barcode scans. *You can do the same thing for any repetitive wedding task! Assembling welcome bags, favors, etc.
- Family Portrait Director. You may have a shot list of desired family portraits… but your photographer won’t know who “Uncle John and Aunt Jane” are. If you want to keep things moving along smoothly, appoint a niece or nephew to assist the planner and photographer with shot calls. They can point out who’s who and help get portraits done quickly—so you can get to the party!
- Gift and Personal Items Collector. Don’t worry, we’ll keep a close eye on your cards and gets at the reception—and we’ll also pack up all your personal items at the end of the night. But we need to give them to someone! Choose a responsible family member to take home all gifts and personal décor items, and hold them until you return from your honeymoon.
- Honeymoon House-Sitting. Amidst all the wedding planning, don’t forget—you also have a relaxing vacation coming up! Ask a trusted friend or family member to keep an eye on your house , and make arrangements to care for any pets or plants.
So, cross a few items off your list today: delegate these tasks! Your friends and family will be glad for the opportunity to be involved, and you’ll remove one more thing from your plate.
Of course, be sure to write a thank you note for each person who assists you with these details. A little handwritten appreciation goes a long way!
Are you ready to delegate more than just this list? Inquire with us below!
We’re happy to handle all the details, so you can relax and enjoy the planning process. We can’t wait to begin helping you with your own special day!