We’ve been sharing a couple of gorgeous bridal sessions on the blog lately, and it’s brought up a few questions. What is a bridal session, and is it right for you?
Here in Texas, bridal portrait sessions are the norm—but in many states, it’s not expected at all (and sometimes it’s even unheard-of!). But bridal portraits are more than just a Southern tradition.
So why invest in a separate portrait session? Aren’t you going to be on-camera for the entire wedding day? Well, yes… but a bridal session serves a different purpose. Here are a few of our favorite reasons to invest in a bridal session:
- It captures you. On the wedding day, you will want to spend time with your loved ones: bridesmaids, family members, and (of course) your new husband! It’s not always easy to slip away and steal a few photos of the bride alone. This is your day. The most special day of your life. You’ll be glowing with that one-of-a-kind bridal beauty. It deserves to be captured on camera! A bridal session allows plenty of time to capture stunning portraits of you in the most beautiful dress you’ll ever wear—with the most genuine joy.
- It captures all the details. You’ve spent so much time and thoughtful intention selecting your bridal details: veil, earrings, shoes. Your photographer will do their best to incorporate these elements on the wedding day, but a bridal session allows them more time to really capture each of these special details. You will be so thankful to have a bridal session that focuses on your carefully selected accessories!
- It’s a trial run. A bridal session is a good opportunity to try on your dress and accessories, making sure your entire ensemble has come together perfectly. It’s also a perfect chance to try out your hair and makeup (with the gown), so you know what to expect on the wedding day.
- Time with your photographer. Connecting with your photographer is so important as the big day approaches. They’ll be with you from first look to final dance, capturing your most intimate moments. Any extra time you can get to solidify your relationship with your photographer is a big bonus! The more time you spend together, the better they will understand your needs and capture your personality on the wedding day.
- Canvas display. A canvas display is not required, but it is a lovely traditional touch at your reception! A bridal session allows you to print and display a beautiful printed photo at the entrance to your reception (usually alongside your guestbook and escort board). Of course, you can also hang the canvas at home as a treasured keepsake after the celebration.
What do you think? Will you ask your photographer about adding a bridal session to your package? We think it’s always a good idea—and our brides have never regretted it. Let us know if we can fill you in on any more details! We’re here to help if you have any questions.
Can we help you plan your own special day? Let’s talk! Our team of planners would be thrilled to assist you in planning the most incredible celebration for you and your guests. Inquire with us to learn more!