Planning a winter wedding? There’s so much to love about a wintertime celebration! The winter season is just around the corner, and we’re already dreaming of fireside hot chocolate and our coziest sweaters and scarves (and, if we’re lucky here in Dallas, maybe even a little sprinkle of snow!).
As much as we love a winter wedding, the cooler temperatures require a little extra planning. When the air outside is chilly, you might need to consider a few ways to keep warm and cozy while you celebrate the big day. We’ve got you covered with our best tips for adding a little warmth to any winter wedding!
Follow these easy guidelines to keep guests comfortable and cozy:
- Fireside Warmth: if you’re hosting a winter wedding, consider booking a venue with a fireplace. Ask to have the hearth lit for your special day, so guests can gather around the fire and enjoy warmth and conversation.
- Blanket Baskets: fill a few baskets with fleece blankets placed throughout the reception area (or in your lounge area, if you have one). Place endearing signage nearby: “to have and to hold, in case you get cold!” Guests can grab a soft a blanket if they get chilly—and these make great favors.
- Pashmina Favors: consider giving pashmina scarves as your wedding favors. They add such a luxe touch, without breaking the bank (if you order wholesale, they really aren’t too pricey per guest). Plus, you can coordinate the colors with your wedding design!
- Hot Chocolate Bar: a hot chocolate and apple cider bar is always a hit! Serve warm mugs of hot chocolate, cider, coffee, and tea as guests arrive for a winter ceremony, or during your cocktail hour. It can also be a great “late-night snack” after dessert is served.
- Hit the Dance Floor: hire a great band or DJ guaranteed to keep guests on their feet. What better way to stay warm than dancing the night away?
- Stock the Bar: okay, hear us out… have you ever noticed how the cold seems to fade away after a drink or two? The same will be true for your guests! Of course, some loved ones may choose not to drink—but a well-stocked bar for those who do will only help keep everyone warm and toasty.
Last but not least… don’t forget a cozy accessory for yourself! You’ll likely be outdoors for bridal portraits and other photos on the big day. Purchase a stylish winter wrap, jacket, or stole that complements your gown. You’ll be glad to have it if the air gets chilly!
Can we help plan your winter wedding? We’d be honored to help!
Please get in touch so we can reserve your date on our planning calendar!