Recently engaged? Hooray! A Stylish Soiree is here to help with plenty of tips about wedding planning and floral design. We recently posted a list of your first five wedding planning tasks… don’t worry, they’re not too difficult—and completing this list is guaranteed to start your wedding planning off on the right foot! However, not everything needs to be done right away. Give yourself a little more headspace by prioritizing essential tasks first, then tackling the smaller details later.
Start by taking a look at our list of five wedding planning tasks that can wait:
- The Details: we know, the details are the best part! It’s tough to set aside your ideas for the personalized touches like signature cocktails, custom-printed cocktail napkins, or welcome signage. But if you’re still in the early stage of planning, the truth is that these items can wait. Focus on the big-ticket items first, like booking major vendors (venue, wedding planner, photographer). Shuffle the detail items to the “low priority” section of your wedding checklist, at least for now!
- Seating Charts: no matter how organized you are, seating charts will always fluctuate until the week of the wedding. There’s no need to fret about who will sit with who? for now! Don’t stress about any seating details until you have a firm idea of the guest list. This item will be one of your last wedding-week to-do’s.
- Legal Stuff: for now, don’t worry about obtaining your marriage license. In the state of Texas, you cannot obtain a valid marriage license more than 90 days before the ceremony. Keep this task on your checklist, but move it down to the month-of the wedding.
- Honeymoon: a relaxing vacation sounds like a dream getaway when you’re planning a wedding! However, there’s no need to organize travel logistics just yet. Save honeymoon planning for about two months prior to the big day—or better yet, see if your groom wants to handle a few of these details!
- Name Change: if either of you plan to change your name, don’t worry about it until after the wedding. Most newlyweds choose to make honeymoon logistics easier by maintaining their birth names until after they return from the trip. Once you’ve settled back in at home, take a day off to visit all the necessary legal offices to finalize your married name—as official Mr. and Mrs.!
Move these five tasks to the bottom of your list for now! Organize your priorities to streamline the planning process and give yourself a mental break. Focus your attention on the big decisions (venue, wedding planner, and other vendors) before handling these other details. Better yet? Let A Stylish Soiree help! Our wedding planning packages are designed to handle all the details from start to finish, so you can enjoy engagement stress-free.
Good luck and happy wedding planning!