Wedding Planner + Florist | A Stylish Soiree
You’re Engaged: Now What?
Your First Five Wedding Planning Tasks
You’re engaged—congratulations! Few milestones are more exciting than saying “Yes!” to the love of your life. Engagement is a wonderful season of excitement and anticipation… and the season for wedding planning! While pulling off the celebration of your dreams may seem a bit daunting at first, we recommend taking it one step a time… starting with these five manageable tasks you can tackle right away:
- Celebrate! Pop some champagne and toast to this momentous occasion! Call your family and closest friends first, then make the announcement on social media. Consider hosting an engagement party to celebrate, and introduce your family to your fiancé’s if needed.
- Treat yourself to a manicure: Yes, this task is actually a “must!” Your loved ones will want to see your pretty new ring and take plenty of pictures with the bride-to-be. Make sure your nails are ready for their close-up! Plus, enjoy a little pampering before diving into wedding planning.
- Insure your ring: After admiring your gorgeous new sparkler for a day or two, prioritize getting your engagement ring insured. Better safe than sorry! If needed, this is also a good time to adjust sizing or fit.
- Start thinking about a date: you don’t have to pinpoint the date right away (that may depend on venue availability), but it helps to start the conversation about a general timeline. When friends and family ask, “When’s the big day?” it helps to have an answer, even if it’s still vague: “We haven’t set a date in stone, but we love the idea of a summer wedding!”
- Hire a Wedding Planner: Before tackling any other items on your list, do yourself a favor: hire a wedding planner. Seeking professional expertise from the very beginning is the easiest way to ensure a stress-free planning process—and a seamlessly executed celebration. Plus, they can refer you to other top-notch vendors who you can trust to execute your vision. Give yourself peace of mind (and a much shorter to-do list!) by connecting with a qualified planner from the start.
If you can knock out these five tasks, you’ll begin engagement on the right foot! Check these five items off your list early in the planning process; you won’t regret it. Need assistance? Don’t hesitate to ask. We would love to hear all about your ideas for the big day and ultimately help bring your creative vision to life!