Wedding Planner in DFW | Mother-Daughter Wedding Details
It’s hard to believe May has already arrived, and the entire spring season is flying by! In just one week, Mother’s Day will already be here… and we couldn’t be more excited! This month, we’re bringing you all kinds of tips focused on mom and her role in the big wedding day.
As a wedding planner in DFW, we get to work with lots of mother-daughter duos as we plan their celebration. A wedding is such an treasured occasion for both of you – and there’s something special about sharing in the excitement together.
Many of our sweet brides want to acknowledge their mother-daughter relationship on the day of the wedding – and we think it’s so beautiful when they do. So today, we’re giving out a few of our favorite mother-daughter details you can incorporate into your own special day!
- Something Borrowed: Ask your mom if she would be willing to contribute “something borrowed” to your wedding-day ensemble. Let her have fun finding the perfect detail to add to your ensemble (perhaps her own wedding pearls, an heirloom handkerchief, or a pair of delicate earrings).
- Bridal Accessories: Not every bride wants to don her mother’s wedding dress, but there are endearing ways to incorporate her wedding-day style into your own. Consider adding pearl beads from her gown into a delicate hairpiece of your own, or re-purpose lace from her dress into your veil. You’ll always have a piece of her with you on the wedding day!
- Day-of Notes: Consider writing a note to your mom (and / or dad) for her to read on the big day. After all, it’s an emotional day for her too! This is a perfect opportunity to express your emotions and also give her a keepsake she will treasure for years to come.
- Finishing Touches: Let your mom be the one to make any finishing touches on your bridal look – buttoning the dress, fastening your necklace, adjusting your veil. And don’t forget to have your photographer capture these sweet moments on camera!
- Raise a Toast: Thank your mom publicly for everything she has done for your wedding day – and all the years leading up to it. The rehearsal dinner can be an ideal place to make a brief speech about how much your mom means to you; she’ll appreciate it more than you know.
- Program Note: Consider giving a thoughtful “shout out” to mom in your printed wedding program. Include a sentence or two thanking her (and / or your dad) for their blessing and for celebrating the occasion with you. Keep it a surprise… she’s sure to tear up in the pews!
Any of these mother-daughter moments are sure to spark a special memory for both of you. Our best advice? Make your mother-daughter relationship a priority over any planning details. A wedding is one day (albeit a very special one), but your relationship with your mom goes far beyond that. Engagement is a short season, filled with so much excitement and anticipation for the most wonderful day of your life. Share the excitement with your mom, and create opportunities to make memories together… dress shopping, coffee dates, or unexpected gifts. These are the moments with your mom that you’ll treasure for a lifetime (not a trite disagreement over silver or gold chargers!).
Simply make time for you and your mom to enjoy each other’s company and share in the joy of the big day – you’ll cherish the memories for years to come!
Happy Mother’s Day from the Team at A Stylish Soiree! As a wedding planner in DFW, we are lucky to work with such amazing moms and daughters. From new moms to empty nesters and everyone in between, we wish you the happiest day celebrating with the ones you love.