Dallas Texas Wedding Planner | Summer Wedding Tips
June is here already and we couldn’t be more excited. Summertime is always a favorite season, especially when it comes to weddings. Summer is an ideal season for colorful floral design,
As a Dallas Texas wedding planner, there are a few things we recommend to beat the heat, keep guests comfortable, and pull off a memorable occasion. Take a look at a few of our top tips to host the perfect summer wedding:
- Send Save the Dates and Invitations early: summer is known for beachy vacations, family trips, and couples’ getaways. If you’re planning a summertime wedding, send Save the Dates and Invitations early enough for guests to mark their vacation calendars around your date. Even if you send an early notice, be aware that some guests may already have long-term travel plans booked on your big day (don’t take it too personally, and be gracious when accepting their regrets).
- Add some color: summer is the best season for a pop of color in your wedding décor and floral design. Let your event design reflect the appropriate season with bright flowers, elegantly arranged to create a sophisticated summery feel. And remember: flowers are sensitive to the heat—we always do our best to preserve your arrangements for as long as possible (don’t worry, we’ve got plenty of great tricks up our sleeves), but it can be hard for delicate ivory blooms to survive the summertime heat. Adding a bit of color helps keep your flowers looking fresh from start to finish!
- Offer a summery cocktail: let your guests sip on something sweet! Consider a signature cocktail that reflects the season: chilled rosé or fruity mojitos will be a welcome treat. Keep your bar selections light, fruity, and bubbly for a refreshing cocktail experience.
- Hydrate! even if you’re indoors all day, it’s so important to stay hydrated—especially as the bride. Keep bottled water handy all day long, and encourage your wedding party to sip water too. You’d hate to have a bridesmaid (or worse, the bride!) faint on the aisle! Make it fun with cute water bottles as gifts for your girls… and don’t forget to use a straw after you’ve applied lipstick.
- Hydrate Guests: likewise, make sure water is readily available for your guests. Have the bartender pre-pour water glasses, or even offer water bottles at the ceremony entrance (you can customize the labels for a more personalized touch). This is especially important if guests will be outdoors at all… even a long walk from parking lot to church can be a lot for elderly guests in wedding attire.
- Serve a seasonally appropriate dinner: while not mandatory, a lighter dinner menu selection could be ideal for your summer wedding. Avoid heavy creams and rich side dishes; instead, opt for a lighter meal with plenty of seasonal inspiration. Accent the entree with a crisp summery salad, seasonal vegetables, and delectable dessert.
- Consider summer-inspired favors: the possibilities are endless when it comes to wedding favors, but summer might inspire some fun ideas. From custom sunglasses to seasonal desserts (blackberry tarts anyone?), there’s no limit to your summer-inspired favors.
Our best tip? Hire a Dallas Texas wedding planner! Whether you book with us, or one of our wonderful vendor friends… a qualified planner will be there to catch all the details and smooth over any hiccups. A planner’s expertise is guaranteed to help create a memorable summer celebration; plus, we know how to work with the summertime heat to keep you and your guests as comfortable as possible!
Happy summer wedding planning!