Dallas Wedding Floral Designer | A Stylish Soiree: Beloved Boutonnieres
While bridal bouquets and stunning centerpieces never fail to make us swoon, today we’re showcasing a smaller (but essential!) floral detail: the boutonniere. Though they are just one small detail, boutonnieres have a lot of personality! This miniature floral arrangement is the groom’s opportunity to express a bit of wedding-day style. When done well, a boutonniere complements the bride’s bouquet, but can also stand alone as a well-composed tiny floral design.
Boutonnieres are guaranteed to make your groom look dapper in every shot. Plus, they’re often used as the floral accent for your details photos! These small blooms pair perfectly with wedding stationery and ring shots, creating images that ultimately capture the essence of your once-in-a-lifetime celebration. And who doesn’t love a photo of the mother-of-the-groom pinning his boutonniere on the big day?
*Wedding-day tip: boutonnieres are pinned to the groom’s left-side lapel. Just remember: it goes over his heart, and on the same side as his wedding ring!
Boutonnieres express your unique wedding day style… whether formal and classic, playful and vibrant, or with a modern twist. We’ve done everything from traditional ivory blooms to greenery and succulents. Find a bit of inspiration from our past weddings!
Take a look at just a few of our beloved boutonnieres:
As a Dallas wedding floral designer, we love to compose one-of-a-kind arrangements… down to every detail, including the boutonniere! Every component of your special day ought to reflect your personal style. We believe no detail should go overlooked, even the smallest floral buds. We’re here to bring your vision to life, from the biggest centerpieces to the tiniest accessories.
Ready to chat about a custom floral design? We would love to hear about your wedding day vision! Feel free to get in touch so we can start dreaming up your one-of-a-kind floral décor—including a picture-perfect groom’s bouquet!
Dallas Wedding Planners | Why You’ll Love a Sweetheart Table
Seating all your friends and family at a reception – big or small – can be a delicate task. Who sits next to the bride and groom? Will your bridal party sit with you? What about grandparents? There’s no right or wrong answer, depending on your personal preference… as Dallas wedding planners + florists, we’ve designed hundreds of seating layouts, and each one beautifully represents the couple’s vision!
There are three major choices for seating the bride and groom:
- Head Table: a popular option, the head table typically offers seating for the newlywed couples and the bridal party, as well as parents (if desired). Head tables are a versatile choice; they can be scaled to seat any bridal party size, and their position within the room layout is flexible. They can also be decorated with stunning florals to set them apart from guest tables and add a bit of “wow factor” to your reception area.
- Regular Table: though not very common, couples can certainly opt for a regular guest table—which would usually seat the newlyweds, parents, and maid of honor/best man. Luxe linens and floral design will ensure the table is distinctive, but overall this choice is a more subtle option that will place brides and grooms amidst their guests.
- Sweetheart Table: today we’ll be highlighting the sweetheart table! An increasingly popular trend, sweetheart tables are set just for two: the bride and groom. Plus, they offer remarkable benefits to the happy couple. Read on to learn why you’ll fall in love with the idea of a sweetheart table!
Why you’ll love a sweetheart table at your reception:
- Intimate conversation: with a table set for two, the bride and groom get a bit more privacy to enjoy their first few hours as husband and wife. Of course, guests will come offer congratulations—but the chances of a few quiet moments together are much higher with a table designed just for the two of you.
- Décor made to impress: with a sweetheart table as your reception’s focal point, you can go all-out on floral design and tabletop décor! Take time to make the table extra special with a stunning floral garland or centerpiece, distinctive linens, or even a meaningful place setting (using your new wedding china, or perhaps family heirloom plates). A sweetheart table is a grand opportunity to make the table uniquely and unforgettably yours.
- Easier to greet guests: a head table or guest table can make it tricky to navigate the room and greet your guests. A sweetheart table allows guests to come to you! Some couples may even leave two empty chairs across from them; friends and family can stop by the table to say hello and offer their congratulations.
So what do you think? Is a sweetheart table right for you? We’re in love with this trend, and we think it has a lot to offer for newlywed couples. That being said, our priority is crafting an event that speaks to your creative vision. Whether you opt for a sweetheart setting, head table, or regular guest table, we’ll bring every detail to life exactly as you imagined.
Fill us in on your ideas for the big day! As Dallas wedding planners and florists, we’d love to hear all about your vision. From seamless planning to remarkable floral design, we’ll plan an event you and your guests will never forget.
Dallas Floral Designer | Beyond the Wedding Day
Of course, floral design is a major design component to your wedding day! From bridal bouquet and groomsman boutonnieres to ceremony décor and reception centerpieces, floral design is an opportunity to make a memorable impression on your guests. We absolutely love wedding-day floral design from start to finish! However, it’s important to keep flowers in mind for events surrounding the big day.
Think beyond the wedding day when you consider floral design… The festivities leading up to and after the wedding are a big part of your overall engagement and wedding. Give them a dose of floral elegance with carefully crafted flower arrangements that elevate any celebration. Our team of experts can craft centerpieces and floral installations for any of your special moments! Be sure to think about floral design for:
- Rehearsal Dinner: don’t let this momentous occasion go unnoticed! The night before your wedding day is an exciting time to gather with loved ones and prepare for a ceremony that will change your life forever. Make sure it’s a night to remember! However, choose your floral décor carefully: it shouldn’t compete with the wedding day. Take the floral designs down a notch for the rehearsal dinner—still impactful, beautiful, and uniquely you… but simply a foreshadowing of tomorrow’s elegance!
- Day-after brunch: Will friends and family be celebrating with a day-after brunch? Whether you join the fun or jet off to your honeymoon, special guests will love an opportunity to gather and reminisce on last night’s magic. Add a few beautiful centerpieces to a mimosa bar for a beautiful and easy impact.
- Bridal Showers: Friend of the bride? Let our Dallas floral designer team help you execute a bridal shower celebration she’ll never forget! Whether you need table centerpieces, a floral installation (pair with photo booth props for a perfect camera backdrop!), or fun flower crowns… our team has you covered every step of the way.
- Engagement Party: Celebrate your engagement in style. Show off your new sparkly ring, and introduce any family members who have not yet met. This is the perfect opportunity to start wedding planning on the right foot… bring all your loved ones together under one roof to celebrate the journey! With a welcome display, food stations, and tabletops decked in stunning florals, you’ll set the tone for an amazing engagement.
- Anniversary: Want to surprise her with a thoughtful engagement gift? Let us re-create her bridal bouquet! Send the bouquet, along with a sweet note, to your bride. She’ll be so touched that you went out of your way to commemorate your wedding day with a custom bouquet!
With these events in mind, your friends and family will experience a truly memorable celebration every step of the way. Make every festivity leading up to and after your wedding day a true milestone celebration. Let us know how we can help! Our team of Dallas floral designer experts has hand-crafted distinctive arrangements for over a decade. We would love to assist you with floral design every step of the way—from “I said yes!” to “I do!”
Dallas Wedding Planning + Florals | A Stylish Soiree
We are thrilled to share Diana and Brian’s wedding gallery with you today! This beautiful couple planned a stylish wedding day at Marie Gabrielle in the heart of downtown Dallas. From the outdoor ceremony and cocktail hour, to a beautiful plated dinner and dance party reception, every moment of their special day was absolutely picture-perfect.
Marie Gabrielle’s venue set the tone for an elegant occasion. Tucked into downtown Dallas, it offers the perfect mix of garden haven and urban sophistication. Guests entered the courtyard and were welcomed with hot chocolate and cider—a cozy and hospitable touch (although the weather couldn’t have been better for this January date!). The outdoor garden area created an intimate feel for the ceremony space, even with plenty of guests in attendance.
Our team crafted an elegant floral arch for the ceremony, featuring a neutral color palette with ivory blooms and lush greenery. Garden lanterns lining the aisle were the finishing touch.
After the happy couple said “I do,” guests processed into the courtyard for a cocktail hour under the string lights. At the reception, we created a distinctive head table for the newlyweds and bridal party with elevated floral centerpieces and a green garland dotted with succulents. Guests were seated at round tables with chic ghost chairs and organic centerpieces.
It was a beautiful scene, but there is no doubt in our mind… the people are what really made the whole setting special! This couple and their families were beautiful inside and out. It was obvious that Diana and Brian were simply meant to be—and their families were overjoyed to see the happy couple tie the knot. Plus, we had a surprise guest appearance… Diana and Brian’s dog! The party just wouldn’t be complete without a visit from man’s best friend.
Congratulations, Diana and Brian! It was a joy to be part of your special day, and our Dallas wedding planning team is so honored that we got to take part in it. Thank you for allowing us to help bring your vision to life.
Floral Design: A Stylish Soiree
Photography: Andrea Elizabeth Photography
Recently engaged? Hooray! A Stylish Soiree is here to help with plenty of tips about wedding planning and floral design. We recently posted a list of your first five wedding planning tasks… don’t worry, they’re not too difficult—and completing this list is guaranteed to start your wedding planning off on the right foot! However, not everything needs to be done right away. Give yourself a little more headspace by prioritizing essential tasks first, then tackling the smaller details later.
Start by taking a look at our list of five wedding planning tasks that can wait:
- The Details: we know, the details are the best part! It’s tough to set aside your ideas for the personalized touches like signature cocktails, custom-printed cocktail napkins, or welcome signage. But if you’re still in the early stage of planning, the truth is that these items can wait. Focus on the big-ticket items first, like booking major vendors (venue, wedding planner, photographer). Shuffle the detail items to the “low priority” section of your wedding checklist, at least for now!
- Seating Charts: no matter how organized you are, seating charts will always fluctuate until the week of the wedding. There’s no need to fret about who will sit with who? for now! Don’t stress about any seating details until you have a firm idea of the guest list. This item will be one of your last wedding-week to-do’s.
- Legal Stuff: for now, don’t worry about obtaining your marriage license. In the state of Texas, you cannot obtain a valid marriage license more than 90 days before the ceremony. Keep this task on your checklist, but move it down to the month-of the wedding.
- Honeymoon: a relaxing vacation sounds like a dream getaway when you’re planning a wedding! However, there’s no need to organize travel logistics just yet. Save honeymoon planning for about two months prior to the big day—or better yet, see if your groom wants to handle a few of these details!
- Name Change: if either of you plan to change your name, don’t worry about it until after the wedding. Most newlyweds choose to make honeymoon logistics easier by maintaining their birth names until after they return from the trip. Once you’ve settled back in at home, take a day off to visit all the necessary legal offices to finalize your married name—as official Mr. and Mrs.!
Move these five tasks to the bottom of your list for now! Organize your priorities to streamline the planning process and give yourself a mental break. Focus your attention on the big decisions (venue, wedding planner, and other vendors) before handling these other details. Better yet? Let A Stylish Soiree help! Our wedding planning packages are designed to handle all the details from start to finish, so you can enjoy engagement stress-free.
Good luck and happy wedding planning!
Could our bride Diana be any more stunning?! She and her husband tied the knot this January at an exquisite celebration hosted at Marie Gabrielle in downtown Dallas. We can’t wait to reveal their wedding gallery! In the meantime, we’re excited to share Diana’s glamorous bridal session, captured by Andrea Elizabeth Photography.
Diana’s gown was absolutely made for her. The form-fitting lace, classic updo, and statement earrings expressed a truly timeless style. Paired with a winter stole, Diana’s glamorous look was complete.
You’d never know it from the photos, but these bridals were taken on a freezing cold January afternoon! Diana (and her photographer) braved the frigid weather to capture these memories. Scroll down to the end of our gallery to see just how cold it really was! Even in the wintry weather, Diana was such an elegant bride. Take a look:
And now for a peek at just how chilly it was… look what everyone else was wearing!
We can’t wait to show you Diana’s wedding photos soon! This glamorous celebration at Marie Gabrielle is one you won’t want to miss. Congratulations to the happy newlyweds… it was a joy to be part of your special day!
Photography: Andrea Elizabeth Photography
It’s hard to believe February has already flown by, but we’re thrilled to see a calendar full of happy couples who will be tying the knot this year! As engagement season draws to a close, spring weddings are just around the corner. We can’t wait to kick off an incredible year of festivities… from intimate garden ceremonies to elegant ballroom receptions, every wedding is sure to be a memorable celebration. Our team is so excited to bring each couple’s creative vision to life with unique floral design and seamless wedding planning.
As we’ve mentioned before, top-notch vendors are the key to pulling off a successful wedding season. Today we’re highlighting another talented industry pro in our Vendor Spotlight series: Sarah Erickson of Sarah Ann Design. However, Sarah also has a special connection to A Stylish Soiree… she has recently joined our team as a marketing, social media, and wedding assistant!
Sarah is a designer and calligrapher with a love for paper details. Her formal education in design and advertising is an asset to her own stationery business, and to our team at A Stylish Soiree. She’ll be assisting with our blog posts (so stay tuned for more planning advice, industry trends, and real weddings!), social media platforms, and behind-the-scenes planning tasks.
A word from Sarah: “When I first met Kerrie and Chloe, I knew I wanted to work alongside this experienced duo! Their industry knowledge, hardworking attitudes, and wonderful personalities are sure to lend another layer of depth to my understanding of the wedding industry. It has been a pleasure collaborating with them so far, and I’m so excited for the opportunity to work with this amazing team.”
We’re glad to welcome Sarah to the team, and to spotlight her business today! Read on to find out more about her services and the heart behind Sarah Ann Design:
Sarah Ann Design | Stationery Design and Calligraphy
Thank you to Sarah for kicking off our Vendor Spotlight series! Take a peek at samples of her work below, and stay tuned to our blog for more features of talented vendors who can help make your wedding day vision a reality.
We’re excited to see how Sarah helps A Stylish Soiree take our services to the next level! Looking for a wedding planner in Dallas? A Stylish Soiree would be glad to assist you. With over ten years of industry experience, we specialize in customizing every event to our client’s unique vision. We’d love to talk more about your big day; simply get in touch to schedule a consultation.
Wedding Coordinator | A Stylish Soiree
We are thrilled to announce the newest addition to our team: wedding planner Samantha Garrigan! With ample experience in the wedding industry and an authentic desire to serve engaged couples, she is already an amazing asset to A Stylish Soiree’s team. Alongside our lead planner Chloe, Samantha will be helping execute seamless events from start to finish. Today, we’d like to introduce you to Samantha and help you get better acquainted:
Originally from Spring, Texas, Samantha attended the University of Texas at Austin, and then moved to Dallas on a whim upon graduation. She quickly snapped up a job at the local country club as a beverage cart attendant to pay the bills—having no idea it would ultimately set her career on a path toward the wedding industry. “I grew close a wedding coordinator there; when a position opened up in the planning office, she took me under her wing and taught me everything she knows. I figured out quickly that I have a knack for helping couples experience a day they’ll never forget and I have been doing this ever since.”
It’s that exact talent that makes Samantha such a great fit for our team. She’s passionate about bringing each couple’s wedding-day vision to life, ultimately creating a memorable experience for every bride and groom. While she loves seeing the happy couple tie the knot and begin their lives together, she has to confess: “I can’t help but look forward to the Father/Daughter dance. It’s such a sacred relationship and I love seeing these dads fall to pieces for their baby girls.”
So what’s her expert advice for engaged couples? “Take it one step at a time and don’t be afraid to delegate! Planning a wedding is unlike any other event you’ve planned before and all the small details can seem overwhelming. You are not alone, so don’t be afraid to hand off some of the small things to family, friends, and especially the professionals you’ve hired to help you rock out on your wedding day. It’s also important to figure out what’s most important to you wedding day while being flexible in other areas. Things are going to change in the planning process so you want to be able to roll with the punches.”
Samantha met her husband at Ashton Gardens, where she was working as a venue coordinator. Not too long after, they tied the knot at the same venue—bringing their love story full circle. They now have “Three nuggets! One human (Kamdyn, 2 and half years old) and two canine (Eleanor and Bailey).” Though weddings are her passion, Samantha also loves to dance (she was even on a semi-pro dance team here in Dallas!) and enjoys mountain biking with her husband.
“When I met with Kerrie and Chloe, it felt like an instant click and that I would fit in perfectly. We have a lot of the same goals when looking at the importance of a couple’s wedding day and I know the transition will be seamless. I already feel like a part of the team and I’m so excited to be working with such genuine, wonderful people!” These are high words of praise, but the feeling is mutual! We’re so excited to bring Samantha on board as our newest wedding coordinator… and we can’t wait to see how she contributes to our couples’ unforgettable celebrations.
Wedding Planner + Florist | A Stylish Soiree
You’re Engaged: Now What?
Your First Five Wedding Planning Tasks
You’re engaged—congratulations! Few milestones are more exciting than saying “Yes!” to the love of your life. Engagement is a wonderful season of excitement and anticipation… and the season for wedding planning! While pulling off the celebration of your dreams may seem a bit daunting at first, we recommend taking it one step a time… starting with these five manageable tasks you can tackle right away:
- Celebrate! Pop some champagne and toast to this momentous occasion! Call your family and closest friends first, then make the announcement on social media. Consider hosting an engagement party to celebrate, and introduce your family to your fiancé’s if needed.
- Treat yourself to a manicure: Yes, this task is actually a “must!” Your loved ones will want to see your pretty new ring and take plenty of pictures with the bride-to-be. Make sure your nails are ready for their close-up! Plus, enjoy a little pampering before diving into wedding planning.
- Insure your ring: After admiring your gorgeous new sparkler for a day or two, prioritize getting your engagement ring insured. Better safe than sorry! If needed, this is also a good time to adjust sizing or fit.
- Start thinking about a date: you don’t have to pinpoint the date right away (that may depend on venue availability), but it helps to start the conversation about a general timeline. When friends and family ask, “When’s the big day?” it helps to have an answer, even if it’s still vague: “We haven’t set a date in stone, but we love the idea of a summer wedding!”
- Hire a Wedding Planner: Before tackling any other items on your list, do yourself a favor: hire a wedding planner. Seeking professional expertise from the very beginning is the easiest way to ensure a stress-free planning process—and a seamlessly executed celebration. Plus, they can refer you to other top-notch vendors who you can trust to execute your vision. Give yourself peace of mind (and a much shorter to-do list!) by connecting with a qualified planner from the start.
If you can knock out these five tasks, you’ll begin engagement on the right foot! Check these five items off your list early in the planning process; you won’t regret it. Need assistance? Don’t hesitate to ask. We would love to hear all about your ideas for the big day and ultimately help bring your creative vision to life!
Wedding Florist DFW | Featured in Brides of North Texas
It’s been a pleasure to work with Brides of North Texas over the years; this season’s Spring / Summer 2017 issue is no different! Full of inspiration to suit every bride’s style, this magazine is a go-to resource for DFW’s engaged couples. Whether you’re a ballroom bride who embraces classic style, or a modern couple seeking a more contemporary aesthetic… there’s something for everyone. Inside these carefully curated pages, you can take a peek at a few of our real weddings this year and find style inspiration from DFW’s top vendors.
This week, Brides of North Texas featured our work from the magazine on their blog! In this innovative “Color Collective” editorial, they showcased vibrant bridesmaid dresses, each paired with creative wedding details in a distinctive hue. We created the beautiful bouquets for this spread, bringing gorgeous florals and a pop of fresh greenery to every page. Special thanks to Cristina Wisner Photography for these colorful images. Take a look!
Which color speaks to you? While bridal bouquets are always swoon-worthy, this editorial is a great reminder of how lovely your bridal party’s florals can be! No matter what color you have in mind, we’ll create memorable bouquets for you and for your bridesmaids. We love designing floral arrangements that are completely unique to your special day and your dream wedding vision.
A Stylish Soiree is proud to be the top wedding florist DFW has to offer. It’s an honor to be featured again in Brides of North Texas—we hope you’ll pick up a copy of the latest issue to see our real weddings in detail!
Photography: Cristina Wisner Photo
Floral Design: A Stylish Soiree
Venue: BRIK Special Events Venue
Hair and Makeup: Jennifer Trotter of Lip Service
Dewdrop Dress: After Six (Patsy’s Bridal Boutique)
Cobalt Dress: Bill Levkoff (Beside the Bride)
Marsala Dress: Watters (Stardust Celebrations)
Blush Dress: Monique Lhuillier (Bella Bridesmaids)
Streamer Backdrop: The Color Condition